- Outstanding sociology research paper
- Thesis statement about Leukemia
- Memory management researh paper
- Getting a research project summary
- Finding a sociology research paper sample
- HR management term paper example
- Cybercrime midterm paper writing tips
- Informative research paper introduction
- College paper editing agencies
- Get a high quality help online
- Guide to writing a research paper proposal
- Research project for a science fair
- Conclusion & recommendation section
- Mining techniques research paper tips
- A research project on obesity in America
- Bibliography research project tips
- MLA research paper title page
Writing A Psychology Research Paper In The APA Format – Useful Hints
To write a research paper in the APA format, students have to keep many details in mind. It makes sense to get a comprehensive APA style manual in the library or follow useful hints on how to format your document correctly. It is also a good idea to find a sample online. Either way, do not hesitate to ask your professor for some assistance when you need it.
How to Format Your Psychology Research Paper in the APA
You can use the following 7 simple guidelines to avoid common mistakes and format your assignment faster:
- Use Times New Roman throughout the research paper. The recommended font size is 12 pt.
- Create a title page with a running head, page number in the upper right corner, a centered title of the research paper, your full name, and institution affiliation.
- Compose an abstract of the work between 150 and 250 words, include from 3 to 5 keywords, and provide it right after the title page.
- Begin the body of your paper on the third page. Use one-inch margins on all sides, remember to include a page number and a running head, and write a chapter’s heading in bold.
- Pay special attention to the quotations. If it is 40 or more words, you should provide it as a block without using the quotation marks.
- Select one of the three possible formats to cite the source listed on the reference page in the text. Remember that you should use only scholarly relevant citations.
- Arrange your references in alphabetical order by the first word in the citation. Get a sample of the APA reference list to format books, articles, websites, and online journals correctly.
What Other Nuances to Bear in Mind
There are many nuances that you should be aware of. For example, in APA, usage of abbreviations should be limited unless they require too much space or do not need to be written out, as they are commonly used.
Writing your research paper in psychology, you will likely work with different groups of people. To avoid biased forms of language, APA provides specific instructions useful to eliminate labeling, gendered pronouns, unintended language inconsistencies, etc.
Another nuance to mention is that using tables and figures is highly appreciated. This will help you to present your findings quickly and effectively. In APA, you should introduce every table and figure in the text and explain why the provided data in important.