- Outstanding sociology research paper
- Thesis statement about Leukemia
- Memory management researh paper
- Getting a research project summary
- Finding a sociology research paper sample
- HR management term paper example
- Cybercrime midterm paper writing tips
- Informative research paper introduction
- College paper editing agencies
- Get a high quality help online
- Guide to writing a research paper proposal
- Research project for a science fair
- Conclusion & recommendation section
- Mining techniques research paper tips
- A research project on obesity in America
- Bibliography research project tips
- MLA research paper title page
Getting A Free Sample Of A Good Introduction For A Research Paper
Many students are unaware of just how important a good introduction is for the paper that they are writing. Why is it so important? You only get one chance to make a good first impression. What you have to say in the first paragraph provides your audience with their first impressions of the overall quality of your work, your individual writing style, and how they can expect your argument to progress.
When an introduction is boring, off-the-wall, filled with errors and mistakes, disorganized, or vague, the impression your audience is going to get is bound to be negative. However, if your first paragraph is well-written, engaging, and concise, then your readers are going to look favorably upon you, your writing, your analytical skills, and your paper. When you are looking to receive high marks for your research paper from the professor, it is vital that you leave them will a great first impression.
Where to find samples
When you are searching for samples of introductory paragraphs to read through, there are several places that you are going to want to look.
- The library: Every school keeps examples of the best work that has been done by students. Not only does this help to stop plagiarism, but it also pushes the next generation of researchers to raise the bar with their work.
- Professional journals: Professional journals regularly publish research papers that bring new theories or ideas to the field of study. The benefit to reading through introductions in these types of publications is that you can be certain that since it has been published, it is superior in quality to some of the others you may come across.
- Online: You can do a simple search for examples if you are looking to see some variety. Many of the results will lead to professional writing service sites but they can still be useful as a comparison. While you are online, if there is a certain scholar who has really made their mark in your field of study, search them out. You will almost always be able to find links to papers that they have written - introduction included.
- Your mentors: Your advisors, professors, and student teaching assistants are there to help you progress through your research and obtain your degree. If you ask, they will be more than happy to point you in the direction of examples that they consider to be of high caliber.